Sydney International School System organizes a number of important events in honor of Peace Day (or the International Day of Peace), so that the SISS community may spread the word about maintaining and fostering peace, as well as establishing a welcoming, healthy learning environment without violence. In particular, teachers and students are encouraged to wear blue shirts to school, and for each shirt, the School will contribute 10,000 VND to the Community Raising Fund – Build A Better Tomorrow.
All students at SISS
- Raising funds for “Build A Better Tomorrow” by wearing blue shirts to school on September 21st
- Peace Logo Decoration “Together in Beautiful Peace” (From September 11th)
- Dove Decoration “Together Make Our Dove for Peace” (From September 19th)
- Dove Drawing “Say Your Peace” (From September 20th)
Jaguars Spread the Message of Peace on Peace Day
Primary and Secondary students at SISS enthusiastically engaged in and responded to the Peace Day event with the theme “Global Harmony: Embracing Peace,” providing them with many emotional and memorable experiences throughout their first year of study at SISS.
Peace Day, with the theme “Global Harmony: Embracing Peace,” is organized to encourage SISS students to show their enthusiasm and sense of duty by participating in simple but significant acts of peacemaking. The School also promotes a healthy, safe, and loving school atmosphere through these activities and educates students against violence.
Accordingly, from September 18th to 21st, 2023, the School planned a number of Peace Day learning activities for SISS students in order to learn more about Peace.
Students were encouraged to wear blue shirts to school on September 21st, 2023 – the International Day of Peace. The School has donated 10,000 VND to the “Build A Better Tomorrow” Community Raising Fund for each blue shirt that students wore to school in order to carry out community initiatives during the academic year. The School will carry out the “Yen Bai, For A Brighter Tomorrow” project in the academic year 2023 – 2024 with the aim of constructing homes, supporting computer systems, and enhancing the lives of the H’Mong ethnic group in the highlands of Yen Bai province.
Previously, Jaguars also participated in numerous activities regarding Peace Day, including:
- Decorating the peace symbol “Together in Beautiful Peace”: Peace symbols on wooden plaques are handed to each student. Through their creativity, the Jaguars designed their own meaningful peace symbols. On September 21st, 2023, students filled a mica box with the words “Together in Beautiful Peace” along with their peace symbol. To constantly remind students of the significance of global peace, the box will be exhibited by the School both at the school and during significant school activities.
- Decorating a dove “Together, Make Our Dove for Peace”: Each class received a board with a dove image. Then, they used their imagination to produce a unique photograph for their class.
- Drawing a pigeon “Say Your Peace”: Students also painted paper plates that had been cut into the shape of a dove – a common symbol of peace. Students were free to design the pigeon using simple drawings, homemade paints, and handwritten messages on the final object.
A Jaguar responded immediately to the teacher’s question, “Peace is without the threat of war!” They do, in fact, comprehend what human peace is, even though they are only in their first year. The School is certain that Jaguars will develop into thoughtful and accountable members of the community as a result of having this strong belief and actively taking part in events like Peace Day.
Hopefully, the images of Jaguars on Peace Day will help the SISS community remember these moments forever! The School also uploaded the memorable moments of Jaguars on the Parent Portal, please check it out!