The school is open at 7 AM. All students must be at school before 7:45 AM, and leave after 5 PM. The school library is open from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, where students can do homework before returning home. They can use the library after school only when they can keep order, remain silent, and avoid affecting other classmates; otherwise, they will be reprimanded and asked to leave the library. If a student is late for school or stays late after school, parents must know the reason, especially for primary students.
Students must wear school uniforms at school, except in the case of extracurricular programs or events that are announced in advance. Students must wear sports uniforms and sneakers for sports classes.
Food/Drinks at School
Breakfast will be served at the school canteen between 7 AM and 9 AM. Every day, lunch will be served from 11 PM to 12 PM, and snacks will be provided during the afternoon break. Students are only allowed to eat within the school canteen and sit at the designated location. Water is available for students on each floor. Students are encouraged to bring their water bottles to be filled and drunk between classes. Parents must prepare and remind students to bring their water bottles to school.
All students have personal lockers to ensure the safety of their personal belongings and to help them avoid carrying heavy items such as books simultaneously.
In and Out of School
Students are not allowed to leave the school’s property until the end of the last lesson. Students are not allowed to go to school without proper uniforms. During holidays, students are not allowed to enter the school (except in the case of receiving valid permission). Students who are sick or have special reasons to leave school during school hours must follow the school’s procedures.
- Respect between staff and students and among students
- Respect the common learning environment. There are specific rules for each area; students must respect and behave appropriately in each area
- Respect individuality and freedom from bullying
- Respect the views of others
- Respect the rights of others to access resources
- Respect the academic requirements of programs
- Respect the roles and responsibilities of academic staff
- Respect intellectual property and academic integrity
Behavior Management and Expectations
Students have the responsibility to respect the rights and dignity of others and to become actively involved in their own academic learning and social growth. All students are expected to be respectful, organized, cooperative, kind, and safe.
- Treat people, property, and the school with respect
- Use courteous words such as please and thank you; use proper language
- Listen/talk at appropriate times
- Dress appropriately
- Refrain from inappropriate touching – groping, horseplay, pushing…
- Attend all classes
- Be on time for all classes
- Bring all supplies to every each class
- Complete the homework on time
- Be prepared for the tests/quizzes
- Keep the personal locker clean
- Attend additional study lessons when assigned
- Attend In-School suspensions when assigned
- Do not use phones in class unless authorized by the teacher
- Promptly follow the directions given by the teachers and staff
- Follow the classroom rules and expectations
- Try your best at all times
- Work in the forum or library during spare time
- Use cell phones only during the break
- Pick up your garbage
- Show empathy
- Help others
- Speak in a positive and encouraging manner
- Be helpful to younger or new students
- Refrain from engaging in or encouraging bullying or harassment
- Refrain from spreading rumors
- Follow safety procedures for equipment use; wait for authorization before using the equipment
- Walk in an orderly manner down the hallway
- Refrain from smoking or using chewing tobacco on/near school property
- Refrain from having/using drugs or alcohol at school or any school function
- Drive with care and caution